If you have found a lost pet please contact Oklahoma City Animal Welfare or your local city shelter. Area shelters are generally the first stop for pet owners who have lost their pets, and many people without access to the internet or those who are unfamiliar with social media depend on shelters to be reunited with their beloved pet.
If you are looking to return a pet you previously adopted from us, please call us at 405-757-4604 and we will make arrangements for his/her safe return.
For personal pets obtained elsewhere…All Paws Rescue focuses its mission on homeless animals in Oklahoma shelters where they are at risk for euthanasia. Since we do not have a shelter facility, our organization depends on the availability of space in a foster home to help any animal. Sadly, our foster homes are almost always at capacity and because of this we are only able to accept owner surrender animals on occasion (when we have a foster home available and when we have a backup plan if the animal isn’t a good match for that household or is adopted and then later returned).
Giving up a pet is never an easy decision, and we hope you will try some of these suggestions before surrendering a pet:
- No cost pet food:
- Pet Food Bank (405-316-3663)
- Pet Food Pantry (405-664-2858)
- Free dog house: Free Doghouse Program (405-316-3663)
- Free or Low cost spay/neuter services:
- Low/no-cost vet care:
- Emergency vet care assistance: Bella Foundation SPCA (866-318-7387)
- Behavior assistance: tip sheets
- Rehoming advice and resources:
- Guineapigfinder.com (guinea pigs only)
- Guinealynx.info (check the Placement Forum) (guinea pigs only)
- Craigslist and Facebook are also options, but we encourage charging a rehoming fee, asking for references and having your pet spayed/neutered prior to using these services
If rehoming your pet is ultimately your only choice:
- Notify your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers first – they may be able to help you find a new home for your pet.
- If you can keep your pet in your home, consider using Adoptapet Rehome a Pet Service, an online service to help you find a home for your pet.